Friday, October 29, 2010

Dear X 5-6-08

Well here we are.. I wrote your sisters birth stories, and know I want to tell you yours.. That way we will always remember how our 3rd miracle came to us!
 May 6, 2008... A wonderfully perfect day to be born.. The sun was shining and it was very warm!  As soon as I woke up I knew today would be your day! I had an appointment for our 38 week checkup at 11:30am.. I cleaned house, took a shower got your sisters bathed and dressed and packed their diaper bag with snacks and sippy cups for the hospital waiting room.. (I told you I knew you where on your way!) "White" Mommaw  came over to watch your sisters while I was at the doctors.. I loaded up my suitcase and pillows into the van and gave Mommaw Y's carseat.. Just incase... = )
 Daddy met me at the office.. The nurse took my bp and yes, it was higher than we like.. 140/85.. My feet, hands and face where swollen.. I had gained over 5 lbs in the last 7 days.. Doc came in and checked my bp again.. And this time it was 160/110 TOOOO HIGH! So she checked my cervix which was 3 almost 4 cm dialated already.. So she said that we are having a baby today! She sent me to the hospital.. I'm not sure how long I would have lasted if I hadn't had the preeclampsia anyway, walking around at 4 cm.. My water could have broke at any moment!! = )
 Well, since daddy met me at the docs.. He had to take his work truck back to the shop.. So I went on the hospital by myself..lol.. It seems funny now, I got some funny looks in the lobby, I can just see it now.. A big ole pregnant women carrying 2 pillows 1 diaperbag and a camera bag and pulling a suit case up to the elevators! I guess I should have left them in the car and had Daddy run get them when he got there.. = ) Oh well...
 Well, I finally got to my room. Changed and got into the bed, the nurse hooked up the monitors and started my IVs.. Daddy finally got there in the middle of that.. We called a few people to let them know what was going on..
1:30pm My doc came in and broke my water, started pitocen and we were on our way!!!
2:30pm 5 cm.. My nurse came in and said that they were going to turn up the pitocen, and that if was to get an epidural I should do it now! I said I would think about it.. Originally I had planned to go natural.. But daddy talked me into getting it.. Seeing that pitocen gives you unnatural contractions.... And I decided I had tasted enough of the natural child birth scene..!! lol..
3:30pm Got the epidural.. Need I say more?!
5:15pm Still  at 6 cm.. Your head is still high and to my right side. Not down far enough... Doc came in and checked me.. She was trying to decide if she should do her scheduled c-section at 5:30pm . Since I had been at 6 cm for about an hour she thought she would have time to do the c-section and get back in time to deliver me..  She had me turn on my right side and sit up a little more.. Letting gravity do some work.
5:25pm.. Uh oh. I feel pressure! I called my nurse and told her that she needed to check me.  She did, and using a word that I don't,  ran out of the room to warn my doc that I was 9-10cm Calling over her shoulder to me, DONT MOVE!!!! lol.. I wasn't going to go anywhere!
5:30pmUnfortuantly, my doc had already scrubbed in to surgery.. So trying to recall breathing technics from lamaze class from 4 years ago, we had to refrain from pushing for an hour while we waited on my doc to finish with a c-sec..
6:00pm You where so low in the birth canal that it was past the epidural point! There comes a time were you have no control over pushing, and I had reached that along time ago!! I was pushing against my will!!
6:30pm doc finally runs into our room! Just a minute she says, I have to wash my hands!! = ) lol....
6:35pm The nurses finally break down the bed and take out my catheter.. Go ahead and give a push she says.. Finally!!!
6:37 After a  few pushes I can feel you crowning.. Daddy wispers to me.. I can see his head! He has dark hair! Push baby, push! push!! I open my eyes and see your little head, your cord was wrapped around your neck 2 times! So that is why your heartbeat kept going down during contractions! One more push and your little body is out! "THERE HE IS" I say.."and he's so little!" And Doc suctions your mouth out and lays you on my belly.. Oh, I'm was overwhelmed with love for you! The nurse is wiping you off and you cry for the first time! I thought that it was the most beautiful sound in the world.. You are still purple from the nucal cord, so the nurse takes you to the warmer and gives you some oxigen.. And you pink up quickly.. But before she takes you off my chest, I take a peek at your package!! He's still a boy I say.. Everyone laughed, even though I didn't mean for it to be funny.. = )
They weigh and measure you.. 7 lbs 6.1 oz and 19 inches long.. Completly Perfect....
After they finish cleaning you up. They hand you to your daddy.. Your proud daddy.. He has his girls, and now his son..
He gives you to me and you start to nurse for the first time.. Already a pro.. Your sisters are excited to meet you. They have on their pink "big Sisters" t-shirts..  They want to hold and kiss you! You are very loved already!
I'm so happy that you are here... You have stolen our hearts. I love you so much my little man..All we can do is thank God for his blessings.. They are much more than we deserve!
      All my love,
   Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment